For new applicants joining us in September 2023 we’re offering an on-campus accommodation guarantee* for:
- New applications for single accommodation.
- Our September 2023 intake only.
To qualify for the on-campus guarantee you must:
- Submit an accommodation application prior to arrival.
- Pay your accommodation deposit.
Our student accommodation is suitable for every taste and budget. We aim to offer you your first-choice accommodation, based on availability, and where your first choice is not available, we will offer you the next available room type.
Offer conditions and exclusions*
- Applicable to new applications for single accommodation only for September 2023 intake – you must submit an accommodation application prior to arrival.
- Excludes those not eligible for on-campus accommodation.
- Offer subject to availability.
- You need to pay your accommodation deposit to secure your accommodation.
The on-campus accommodation guarantee excludes those not eligible for on-campus accommodation and is subject to availability.
How to apply for on-campus accommodation
Once you have been offered a place on one of our full-time courses based at the Cranfield campus, you will be eligible to apply for accommodation.
With your course offer, you will be sent a login and password for the student web portal (EVE) where you can apply for your preferred accommodation online.
Due to the popular demand for on-campus accommodation, we strongly recommend that you make your application as soon as you receive your EVE login information in order to secure the accommodation you desire
At Cranfield we offer on-campus accommodation on a first come first serve basis. Applications are prioritised as follows:
- Special consideration for medical reasons*,
- New students,
- Current students.
* If you feel your application requires special consideration due to a medical condition, you must make us aware at the time you apply for accommodation. We will ask you to supply a current medical letter from your doctor which explains why your application for on-campus accommodation should be prioritised.
Frequently asked questions
When can I apply for accommodation?
- If you are accepted for a full-time course you will be able to apply for accommodation using the EVE portal.
- Due to the popular demand for on-campus accommodation, we strongly recommend that you make your application as soon as you receive your EVE login information to be in with a chance of securing the accommodation you desire.
When can I move into the campus accommodation?
Your accommodation is available to you one day before your registration date.
Is there affordable off-site housing nearby?
- It can be cheaper to share private rental houses in surrounding villages with other students. Cranfield village is just 1.5 miles from the University. Milton Keynes and Bedford are also within easy reach, accessible by the local bus and taxi services. For more information, see our Off-Campus Accommodation page.
- Visit Studentpad, the independent student accommodation search engine, specifically aimed at helping you find off-campus accommodation close to the University.